Doing the hard thing...lovingly confronting sin.

Doing the hard thing...lovingly confronting sin.

Like a house, our soul is only as stable as its foundation. A strong foundation will hold a house steady during stormy weather, but one built on the weak, faulty ground will shift, crack, and eventually fall under the pressure of high winds and rain. Likewise, our lives stand or crumble depending on our soul’s foundation. - Value of a Soul movie

To truly love biblically, we must express more than kindness with our love. I would never suggest that it is kind to allow a person to sit in the path of a charging lion or speeding car. I would sound the alarm no matter how much it angered or started them so that I may keep them from harm. In the end, they should be thankful for the warning, but I know that I have done the right thing. That is what matters. Real love allows us to be the unpopular at times as we correct, rebuke, and instruct in righteousness through the Word that it may restore or build-up those we love to right relationship. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Confronting:
sexual immorality, drugs, greed, arrogance, pride, etc
All sin stands against a Holy God and all sin separates us from right relationship & power in prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A modern parable by Steven W. Hunter (A tool for teaching parables)

Finding Happiness in the Christian Life

Hebrew meaning of Matthew 3:17 "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."